Paulaner am Nockherberg is a popular meeting place for Munich locals, who flock to the attractive beer garden with its famous fountain featured in television commercials and chestnut trees, and visit the cozy pub/restaurant or events such as the traditional Starkbierfest (Strong Beer Festival). Fondly referred to as “Nockherberg” by the locals, it is also the ideal location for family gatherings, weddings and other important occasions.
Over the coming months Nockherberg will undergo a well-deserved “beauty sleep”. Nockherberg’s new hosts, Christian Schottenhamel and Florian Lechner, are already working with their team and the Paulaner brewery on an exciting new concept, and plan
on rekindling the cherished tradition of beer and culinary delights once again in early 2018. We will add more information about the new Paulaner am Nockherberg in the near future, so stop by and visit this page again or enter your e-mail address in the box below. Then we will happily provide you with updates regarding the latest developments!
The home of good taste
Nockherberg is located on high ground to the east of the Isar river in the Au-Haidhausen district of Munich. Auer Mühlbach is a small stream stemming from the Isar river which flows right underneath the hill and Paulaner am Nockherberg is directly adjacent to a green belt. The nearby Mariahilfplatz is the site of the traditional Auer Dult market that takes place three times a year.
– In the Au-Haidhausen district, close to the south-east area of downtown Munich
– 15 minutes away from Marienplatz
– 35 minutes away from the airport
– 20 minutes away from Messe München (Munich exhibition center), with a direct subway connection
– Public transport connections
– Ideally accessible for buses
Traveling by public transport
– Tram 17/N27 (get off at Mariahilfplatz or Ostfriedhof), tram 15/25 (get off at Ostfriedhof)
– Bus 52 (get off at Mariahilfplatz), bus X30, 148, N45 (get off at Ostfriedhof)
– U1, U7 (get off at Kolumbusplatz or Silberhornstraße)
– S-Bahn stop at Rosenheimer Platz